Job Title: Calgary Based Sales and Marketing Specialist
Reports To: Executive Director
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, this position is ultimately responsible for attracting new business to Top of the World Ranch Treatment Centre, resulting in a greater market share, excellent reputation, and consistently high client census. This position implements marketing strategies and provides creative insight and data analysis to inform the marketing plan. The position requires extensive travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile and maintain a database of referral organizations and individuals, third-party payors, etc.
- Conduct outreach and develop ongoing relationships with referral sources, third-party payors, and community partners through communication and travel focused in British Columbia, Alberta, and extending to other provinces
- Plan and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through advertising, & promotional events
- Plan and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through social media campaigns
- Develop, refresh and optimize website content
- Place focus on increasing our websites organic search potential and client conversions
- Develop and manage blog and newsletter content
- Liaise with external vendors to execute promotional events and campaigns
- Collect and analyze data on key marketing performance indicators (online campaign results, conversion rates, traffic, etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies
- Research competitors to determine their approaches, strengths, and weaknesses
- Conduct market research to find answers about consumer requirements, habits, and trends
- Work with ranch staff to optimize alumni referrals and positive alumni reviews
- Manage print advertising such as billboards
- Create monthly reports that measure current sales and marketing efforts and the associated costs.
- Present quarterly strategy reports that encompass current and your suggested sales and marketing efforts. Answering the questions, where do we focus our efforts and why. What is the likely return on investment?
- Undertake individual tasks as assigned
- Take ownership of creating a greater market share, excellent reputation, and consistently high client census for the ranch. Own this position.
- Proven experience as marketing specialist or similar role
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and primarily digital marketing such as SEO/Social media etc.) and market research methods
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office, marketing software (Adobe Creative), and applications (Web analytics, Google Adwords, etc.)
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and web development tools (e.g. WordPress)
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Ability to communicate professionally and persuasively with executives, health care professionals, media personnel, government officials, First Nations officials, etc.
- Commercial awareness partnered with a creative mind
- BS/BA in marketing, communications, or equivalent is an asset
- Demonstrated accountability for results
- Ability to work independently
- Smart goal-oriented
- Outgoing, positive, go-getter
- In-depth knowledge of addiction, treatment approaches, and recovery through education and/or personal experience
- Appreciation for holistic treatment and trauma-informed care
- A past client of Top of the World Ranch meeting all requirements is a bonus
DOE. Extended health care benefits available after completion of the probationary period.
40+ hours per week. Generally, Monday through Friday, 8:30-5. Some weekend hours in the case of special events or promotions. Extensive travel, approximately 50% of the time.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Use “Sales and Marketing Specialist” as your subject line.